Monday, July 7, 2008

NOT Coming Up on the 10:00 News...

As I was thinking about what to blog about today, I started going over what I have been doing lately. Confirmation Camp was the first thing to come to mind. It was such a great week. I was so proud of those 18 kids from Grace. They really committed themselves to the lessons and activities. They learned and supported each other and had fun together.

It's too bad that things like that don't make the news.

There were dozens of counselors and staff at camp that went out of their way to be good Christian examples for all the kids at camp.

Some high school students and adult volunteers met for pizza and a movie a couple weeks ago.

Soon Grace will be filled with many children and volunteers who give many hours of their time to provide the kids with a great vacation bible school experience.

The high school students will be leaving at the end of July for a mission trip to the boundary waters.

I know these things may not seem newsworthy, but to me they are. In a world that can get so caught up in all the bad things that happen, I see so many good things happening, too.

Young teens support each other and grow in their faith together. High Schoolers meet not to cause trouble but to enjoy a night together with people they might not normally hang out with. As college tuition hits the roof, college students earn pennies for 3 months to make a difference in the lives of others, instead of working a less rewarding job for more money. People of all ages give their time to help children learn about God and have a great time doing it.

Where do you see good in the world? Write a comment and let me know.

"Whoever gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones in the name of a disciple- truly I tell you, none of these will lose their reward." ~Matthew 10:42

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I see good in the hundreds of volutneers at Lac Lawrann Conservancy (where I work). They give of themselves fully to support our mission of preserving and enhancing Lac Lawrann as a nature sanctuary for all to experience.