Monday, June 30, 2008

Monday Five...Reader's Theatre Edition

1)Do you think of summer as a particularly good season for reading?
Yes and no. I do love to lay on a lounge chair in the shade and read a good book. Or better yet, by a body of water: lake, ocean, pool...i'm not particular. But summer is also a good time to be out and about- going to parties, fests, and just enjoying the good weather by being active.

2) Have you ever fallen asleep reading on the beach?
I really am not one for falling asleep in public places. I never was able to sleep during class at school. Too embarrassing. What if I snore or drool or something?

3) Can you recall a favorite childhood book read in the summertime?
Hmm...I think I read the boxcar children books in the summer. I loved those! I thought it would be so cool to live like that. Other favorite books were the Little House on the Prairie series, Wind in the Willows, Angelina Ballerina, and A Wrinkle in Time. I was quite a reader when I was young. I wish I read more now, but I think I need a break from reading after 8 years of college and seminary!

4) Do you have a favorite genre for light or relaxing reading?
Oh, definitely things that take my mind off "real" life. I really like Jennifer Weiner ("In Her Shoes") and the Harry Potter series.

5) What is the next book on your reading list?
Well, I have VOWED to finish Parker Palmer's "A Hidden Wholeness" before I start anything else! But my next FUN book would probably be another Jennifer Weiner book or the first James Patterson mystery book that AIM Ruth lent to me. I got into mysteries for a while in High School so I think it would be fun to pick that up again.

What do you all like to read? What are some of your favorites?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.