Friday, November 2, 2007

Friday Five: FOOD!

hello again folks...

i stumbled on a blog this past summer that is for women clergy. it's pretty interesting and has been helpful as i've been in this new job. they have online discussions about texts and other things that come up in this line of work. one thing they do is post the "friday five"- questions on a different topic every week. so, without further ado...here they are, along with my answers!

If you were a food, what would you be?
I think I would be coffee. I know that's not really a food, but to some of us it is! Like coffee, I can adapt to different situations. I can be perky or perk-less. mmmm....i think i need to go find a caffeinated cup of myself right now!

What is one of the most memorable meals you ever had? And where?
Probably the dinner at my sister's wedding. It was at an Italian chophouse and it was a HUGE meal. Plus it was a wonderful occassion to celebrate!

What is your favorite comfort food from childhood?
Tuna-and-Noodle Cassarole! I didn't like any of the ingredients individually (tuna, onions, green pepper, mayo, mustard...ick) but together- mmm boy!

When going to a church potluck, what one recipe from your kitchen is sure to be a hit?
I can make this really yummy artichoke/cheesy spread for bread or crackers. I made it for a party once and this guy stood by it the whole night eating it. This post is making me really hungry...

What’s the strangest thing you ever willingly ate?
Well my brother used to be a chef in fancy restaurants so I've eaten lots of crazy things! I think it would be better to say one thing I did NOT willingly eat was lutefisk. ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm the first one to post a comment! I think this blog is a great idea. I look forward to learning more about you. I too love Anne Lamott and have read all her nonfiction books. I highly recommend that others read her if they haven't already. She illustrates how we are all imperfect and trying to do the right thing, trusting God, not worrying etc, etc but we don't always succeed at this and thats OK! If we were perfect at everything, then we wouldn't need God would we?

dsz said...

Hi;
While looking for some information for Stephen Ministries I came across an article in the Fall, 2006 copy of Conversations Magazine. It was written by Glandion Carney and is titled: "Coffee and Contemplation." There are two prayers offered, the first by an unnamed friend;
"As I brew this coffee to warm and waken my body,
Send your Spirit,oh Lord,
To warm and waken my soul."
The second comes from Richard Foster's book: "Prayers from the Heart."
A Prayer at Coffee Time
"Somehow, Jesus, I like praying with a cup of coffee in my hands.
I guess the warmth of the cup settles me and speaks to the warmth of your love.
I hold the cup against my cheek and listen, hushed and still.
I blow on the coffee and drink.
O Spirt of God, blow across my life and let me drink in your great Life.
Amen."
Contemplative prayer over a cup of coffee is a great way to give thanks to God. (It is also helps to me to slow down and enjoy the coffee.)