Friday, January 18, 2008

RETREAT!

Tonight I leave with the 9th Graders for their confirmation retreat at Pine Lake Bible Camp. This is one of the highlights of their 3 years of confirmation (hopefully they agree with me!). I am SO excited. Pastor Paul and AIM Ruth have put together some amazing exercises and sessions to help these youngsters to really grow in their faith and claim it as their own. I am so excited for them and can't wait to see and hear what they say.

This has been making me think back to my confirmation. It was one of the most meaningful days of my life. I think it was at my Affirmation of Baptism that I really felt called by God. I didn't know to what yet, but I think when my pastor, parents, and sponsors laid their hands on me, God came to me in a way that I had never experienced before.

I pray that our 9th Graders will also feel God's presence in them this weekend and in May when they make a public confession of their faith and intent for their lives.

Do you remember your confirmation? What was it like for you? When are times you have felt called by God to do something?

No comments: