Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Five Fun Questions:
1. What is the thermometer reading at your house this morning?
i don't want to know.

2. Snow—love it or hate it?
ah, the famous question! I don't mind snow, it can be pretty. I do start to get sick of it around this time of year. It also helps that I live in a condo and I don't have to shovel!

3. What is winter like where you are?
F-R-E-E-Z-I-N-G. actually about 40 degrees below freezing.

4. Do you like winter sports? Any good stories?
do i like any sports, really?

5. What is your favorite season, and why?
that is a hard one! there are things i really like about all the seasons. but lately i've become a summer girl. good weather to be outside, lots of sun, my birthday, greeness, flowers, fruits and veggies, festivals...you can't beat it!

I read from Anne Lamott's newest book "Grace (Eventually)" for my devotions this morning. This quote stuck out at me: "When I asked Father Tom where we find God in this present darkness, he said that God is in creation and to get outdoors as much as you can." I find God's peace so much in creation, and that makes this frigid weather hard for me because I can't be outside as much. But spring is coming...closer each day!

Bonus: Share a favorite winter pick-me-up. A recipe, an activity, or whatever.
Hmm...having tea or hot chocolate with my mom and dad!

No comments: