Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Rejoicing

What makes you rejoice about:

1) Waiting: Sometimes the waiting can be more fun than the actual experience. As one who tends to build things up in her head, waiting and dreaming can be the best part. I like to dream of taking trips, but when it comes down to it, sometime I'd rather just stay at home. Traveling can be stressful. Also, I love to wait because anticipation is so exciting! My family opened presents on Christmas Eve, and the excitement of that day was incredible!

2) Darkness: To me, darkness is a time people return home from a long day to be alone or be with their families. It's a time of coziness, of safety, and hopefully rest. It's a time to re-create ourselves and to look back on our day with thanks.

3) Winter: A fresh snow is always gorgeous, as long as the roads are safe or I have no where to go. On a warmer day like today, I love to take a deep breath- I love the small of fresh air mixed with snow. And sometimes I'm able to rejoice that the earth is resting, holding seeds and bulbs deep in the soil so that they can bloom when all the snow melts. The earth needs a sabbath too!

4) Advent: Christmas lights, Advent wreaths, in general all the decorations that make this time of the year special. Remembering again the birth of Christ and thinking about how I can personally prepare myself and the world for this gift.

5) Jesus coming: um, I could write a book for this section! Listen to my sermons for the answers!

What about these things makes you rejoice?

No comments: